One third of my bikes finished!
They’re also part magnetised so I can swap out one of the meltaguns for another gun, or for a regular arm holding the handlebar. And the other meltagun, which is an old single-piece metal model from the waste up, can be swapped out for a regular rider – just keeping the legs and right arm.
Thanks to the DakkaDakka painting challenge, I’ve done some more HeroQuest figures – one of each greenskin!
This is how they looked for 25+ years, before their re-paint.
These guys were fun to paint. I really like the little goblin and his mischievous little grin! Oh, and I really recommend GW’s Blood for the Blood God paint. Makes the blood on the sword and axes look really authentic. Check out Duncan’s video guide.
And finally, a nostalgia photo…
Pretty pleased with these guys. Wasn’t too sure part way through the painting, but it all worked out in the end! I like how the assault cannon barrel and serge’s sword turned out.
It’s taken months, with several other projects getting started and finished since these were first started, but I’m finally there (although I do have another 5 to do at some point!).
They all have magnetised arms and/or wrists, which is why there’s one photo with them all sporting lightning claws and power fists, and another with a mix of shields, swords, axes and pistols.
Looking forward to using these in a game this week!
Got my Land Speeder finished. This was quite good fun, like painting the console/radar thing. I also magnetised the multi-melta on top, just so it will pivot 🙂
I’m trying to get more stuff finished, so you might get another update quicker than this one!
It’s Christmas, so I wanted to make a Christmasy mini. Enter Santa Cron!
I had some old Necron warriors kicking about for spares, so this was the starting point.
I made a few changes, and created the Santa coat and hood from green stuff.
And this is the finished Santa Cron!
I took a break from some of my other models to strip, fix up and re-paint my old Land Raider.
This is how it’s looked for the last 20-25 years.
Then I stripped it.
And repaired that smashed track. I want to be able to use it, so repaired the track, but left the other battle damage.
Then finally, after all the prep work, got him painted as a Stark Crusader!