I’ve got a game coming up at Warhammer World (my first, I’m very excited!), so I need to get some models painted up quickly.
This is the first. It’s a Vanguard Veteran painted up as a Librarian. Looking forward to dropping him in behind enemy lines and smiting the hell out of them!
I’ve had this guy assembled for ages, but finally got around to actually painting him. He’s Sergeant Grymm, one of Captain Stratos’s close confidants and a third of his Triune.
He lost both legs and an arm fighting Tyranids. He wears the face mask after a Tyranid spat acid into his face and damaged his lungs.
And here are a few shots of him before painting. He’s got an old RTB01 body, Necron warrior legs and one arm, the head is from the current Tactical Squad box (or was it from the Vanguard box?) and since these photos were taken, I added some leg armour which are shields from the Eldar Wraithguard box. The legs were just too skinny without them!
This one’s been on the go for a while. I just needed to get some of the options – like the pintle-mounted storm bolter and hunter killer missile – finished off.
Both side sponsons, the guns on the sponsons, the turret/gun/top hatch and the storm bolter are all magnetised. And the radar/hunter killer missile atop the turret are held in place with a pin. This means I can swap out everything and change this between a Predator, Razorback or Rhino. I have the autocannon and heavy bolters for the Predator magnetised, but not painted up. If I find I want to use them, I’ll get them painted.
Predator with 4 lascannons and hunter killer missile
Razorback with 2 lascannons and radar
Rhino with pintle-mounter storm bolter
The hunter killer missile –
And I’ve called the tank Invictus – Latin for ‘unconquered’ or ‘invincible’ – after some pretty good showings in a few games. Let’s see how it holds up in 8th ed!
Oh, and to see more on the magnetising, look here.
One third of my bikes finished!
They’re also part magnetised so I can swap out one of the meltaguns for another gun, or for a regular arm holding the handlebar. And the other meltagun, which is an old single-piece metal model from the waste up, can be swapped out for a regular rider – just keeping the legs and right arm.
Thanks to the DakkaDakka painting challenge, I’ve done some more HeroQuest figures – one of each greenskin!
This is how they looked for 25+ years, before their re-paint.
These guys were fun to paint. I really like the little goblin and his mischievous little grin! Oh, and I really recommend GW’s Blood for the Blood God paint. Makes the blood on the sword and axes look really authentic. Check out Duncan’s video guide.
And finally, a nostalgia photo…
Pretty pleased with these guys. Wasn’t too sure part way through the painting, but it all worked out in the end! I like how the assault cannon barrel and serge’s sword turned out.
It’s taken months, with several other projects getting started and finished since these were first started, but I’m finally there (although I do have another 5 to do at some point!).
They all have magnetised arms and/or wrists, which is why there’s one photo with them all sporting lightning claws and power fists, and another with a mix of shields, swords, axes and pistols.
Looking forward to using these in a game this week!